[Xastir] Stable release timing?

KC7ZRU kc7zru at kc7zru.net
Fri Apr 13 22:41:58 EDT 2007

Personally, and yes - I've a bit of 'tude here - I say we release on OUR
schedule. If some distro or another - no matter how popular - gets
something older due to their policies, that's not an Xastir problem.

Our developers work hard to make this thing work on it's own merits.
They've gone beyond the extra mile to help ensure it compiles on Cygwin
(Windows), OS-X, many flavors of Linux and who knows what else. To try
and add another administrative 'goal' to accommodate the whims of a
specific distro. Well, I think that's just plain silly.

Maybe if they were our major channel - but I sure don't think they are.

And yes, it's been a tough day, I'm cranky and dinner isn't ready - yet
and there's too much water in my wine...

73