[Xastir] Problem under debian "Etch"

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Fri Apr 20 11:19:05 EDT 2007

I su'd to root to do the make install (and went back and did it again to make
sure), so that step should be done.

Here's the out put from a
  egrep "DIR|usr|local" ~/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf
(note I added the . before xastir; I assume that was a typo in your message):
AUTO_MAP_DIR:/usr/local/share/xastir/maps
ALERT_MAP_DIR:/usr/local/share/xastir/Counties
SELECTED_MAP_DIR:/usr/local/share/xastir/maps
SYMBOLS_DIR:/usr/local/share/xastir/symbols
SOUND_DIR:/usr/local/share/xastir/sounds
GNIS_FILE:/usr/local/share/xastir/GNIS/TN.gnis
GEOCODE_FILE:/usr/local/share/xastir/GNIS/TN.gnis
DISPLAY_TNC_DIRECT_STATIONS:1
DEVICE3_HOST:localhost
MAP_CHOOSER_EXPAND_DIRS:1
ST_DIRECT_TIMEOUT:3600

Nothing jumps out at me as being incorrect...am I overlooking something?

--
William McKeehan