[Xastir] Problem under debian "Etch"

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Apr 20 12:10:36 EDT 2007

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007, William McKeehan wrote:

> echo $LANG returns en_US
>
> I'm configured with GraphicsMagick; does that make any difference?

Nope.  GM/IM only affect things if you are doing raster-based
mapping that's not DOQQ or DRG.  In other words, PNG, GIF, JPG, maps
like that, whether online or local.

Check whether xastir.rgb got installed in
/usr/local/share/xastir/config/ directory.

If it is _not_ there, then something is going on with "make install"
or your permissions.

If it _is_ there, then perhaps something is happening with parsing
the config file or you're finding an Xastir executable that's
looking somewhere else for it's files.

Try "which xastir" or "whereis xastir" to see whether you're trying
to run the executable at /usr/local/bin/xastir.  Also check whether
the timestamp on /usr/local/bin/xastir looks like it's the one you
just compiled.

    ls -l /usr/local/bin/xastir