[Xastir] Forgot about GNIS

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 26 20:02:37 EDT 2007

--- Alex Carver <kf4lvz at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ok, I shouldn't have buried GNIS in my dbfawk
> question, bad form of me.
>
> So what did I do to cause my GNIS maps to die?  It
> was
> working up until I did a flush map cache and then
> reindex all maps.  Now nothing shows up and the
> files
> don't even show up in the map list (the directory
> does, but not the files)?

Ok, I figured it out.  Apparently it takes my system
forever and a day to reindex the GNIS files.  But if I
attempt to use the map chooser before the reindex
completes, it refuses to index the files.  I have to
just reindex and wait until the terminal says
"finished indexing" and then the files show up again.