[Xastir] Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x31c2d5)!

Bernard Tyers bernard.tyers at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 11:19:18 EDT 2007

Hi all,

After getting all my mapping working correctly (thanks john EI7IG) I
have run into a little issue.

When I started Xastir yesterday evening after a quick reboot, I got
this error:

bernards-computer:~/.xastir/config bernard$ xastir

Built-in map types:
       gnis   USGS GNIS Datapoints
        map   APRSdos Maps
        map   WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
        pdb   PocketAPRS Maps

Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
        geo   Image Map (ImageMagick/GraphicsMagick library, many
formats allowed)
        geo   URL (Internet maps via libcurl library)
        shp   ESRI Shapefile Maps (Shapelib library)
        xpm   X Pixmap Maps (XPM library)
*** Reading WX Alert log files
*** Done with WX Alert log files
Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x31c2d5)!
X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no
such operation)
   Major opcode of failed request:  163 ()
   Minor opcode of failed request:  0
   Serial number of failed request:  3261142
bernards-computer:~/.xastir/config bernard$

I had turned on index maps at startup, so I disabled that from
~/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf file (lots of interesting params in
there), but the abort still happens.

Anyone got any pointers as to where I can/should look?

thanks
bernard
EI8FDB