[Xastir] CA Maps

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Mon Aug 13 23:21:04 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-13 at 22:07 -0500, Lee Bengston wrote:
> On 8/11/07, Brad Douglas <rez at touchofmadness.com> wrote:
>         Hello from the 16th annual Linux Picnic.
>
>         As promised, I have released my CA TOPOs and shaded-relief
>         DEMs to the public.  Further datasets are to follow in the
>         coming months.
>
>         http://www.stratofox.org/twiki/bin/view/GIS/WebHome
>
>         Let me know if you have any questions or comments.  Godda
>         go!  Ice cream is here!
>
> Fyi, I believe there was a statement made on this list not long ago by
> one of the developers that Xastir does not support DEMs.

They are not literal DEMs, but will give you the basic effect of looking
at one.  A 2D representation of a 3D surface.  I more appropriately
called them pseudo-DEMs in a previous email as well as posted a URL to a
sample image.  Check it out...

--
Brad Douglas <rez touchofmadness com>                    KB8UYR/6
Address: 37.493,-121.924 / WGS84    National Map Corps #TNMC-3785