[Xastir] Conversion of shape file coordinates

Jim Tolbert RiverRidge at CenturyTel.net
Wed Aug 15 11:47:10 EDT 2007

I have a set of shape files in the local county coordinate system.   I
have all the equations to convert individual points to long lat, but I
am unsure of how to approach a shape file.   Arc view apparently happily
reads and overlays shape files in the county coordinate system, in the
Wisconsin state coordinate system and in Long Lat.   Should Arc View be
able to output specific layers in various coordinate systems?  Can I
somehow put the equations for conversion into Xastir?

Any ideas?

Many thanx!............ jt

--
Jim Tolbert