[Xastir] imagemagick and snapshots

Andrew Rich vk4tec at people.net.au
Thu Aug 23 17:45:24 EDT 2007

I took the easy way out

crontab and convert

Andrew Rich VK4TEC
vk4tec at people.net.au <mailto:vk4tec at people.net.au>
http://www.tech-software.net

-----Original Message-----
From: J. Lance Cotton [mailto:joe at lightningflash.net]
Sent: Friday, 24 August 2007 4:36 AM
To: vk4tec at people.net.au
Cc: Xastir at Xastir. Org
Subject: Re: [Xastir] imagemagick and snapshots

on 8/23/2007 1:19 PM Andrew Rich said the following:
> Gudday
>
> I found that XASTIR was getting as far as creating the snapshot.xpm file
and
> then not proceeding to the png
>
> It looks like Imagemagick has dropped support by default of the xpm
convert
> function.
>
> Bummer.
>
> XASTIR warns me too, says "No decode delegate for this image"
>
> Is there also a chance to save directly into a web server folder ?
>
> Like /srv/www/htdocs/xastir.jpg ??

Xastir gains the ability to save as JPG or PNG only by
ImageMagick/GraphicsMagick. We produce files in XPM format (X PixMap)
because it's native to X. To produce JPG or PNG, Xastir would need to add a
dependency on libjpg and/or libpng. Not necessarily a light undertaking.

Have you tried compiling ImageMagick or GraphicsMagick from source?

-Lance KJ5O

--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
joe at lightningflash.net
http://kj5o.lightningflash.net
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3. Eat the
cookies.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
6:51 PM

Checked by AVG Free Edition.