[Xastir] imagemagick and snapshots

Andrew Rich vk4tec at people.net.au
Fri Aug 24 19:27:43 EDT 2007

No problem - wilco

XASTIR rocks

Andrew Rich VK4TEC
vk4tec at people.net.au <mailto:vk4tec at people.net.au>
http://www.tech-software.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Curt, WE7U [mailto:archer at eskimo.com]
Sent: Saturday, 25 August 2007 9:23 AM
To: Andrew Rich
Cc: Xastir at Xastir. Org
Subject: Re: [Xastir] imagemagick and snapshots

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007, Andrew Rich wrote:

> I found that XASTIR was getting as far as creating the snapshot.xpm file
and
> then not proceeding to the png
>
> It looks like Imagemagick has dropped support by default of the xpm
convert
> function.

You may have to compile IM from scratch and add the format back in.

> Is there also a chance to save directly into a web server folder ?
>
> Like /srv/www/htdocs/xastir.jpg ??

When I need that sort of thing I just Xastir save the snapshot in
it's normal place, then make a symlink to it from the htdocs
directory.  Then the web server can find it.  You may also have to
change a setting in your web server and restart it so that it can
follow symlinks.