[Xastir] IGating

Greg Eigsti greg at eigsti.com
Fri Aug 24 23:05:56 EDT 2007

> >>How do I use Findu to see if I am IGating?

The tool mentioned by VE7MKF is a better iGate 'test' than Findu.
However if you know you are iGating someone (or think you are) you
can look them up in findu and see their raw data.  Just change the
callsign to the one that you are interested in...  Looking at Findu's
raw data is a good way to force yourself to learn how to read raw
APRS packets ;)

Raw data for my truck
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/raw.cgi?call=KD7UBJ-7

Visual data (map) for my truck
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=kd7ubj-7

I'm also thinking that Findu is tweaked or at least the data is stale
right now.  I went out and blasted a packet from my truck to my iGate
and Findu does not report it either via its raw or map page.  However
if I look at the www.db0anf.de page for my iGate I can see that it
saw my iGate gating my truck very recently.   Hmmm, anybody have any
idea why Findu is stale (or why my brain is on vacation)? ;)

Findu raw data for my truck
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/raw.cgi?call=KD7UBJ-7

db0anf.de data for my USAM digi
http://www.db0anf.de/hamweb/aprsdb/showdata/USAM/shdigiusers?