[Xastir] Looking for ke4nt DSL Xastir version upgrade

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Tue Aug 28 08:55:45 EDT 2007

I was wondering if the creator of the DSL (Damm Small Linux) extension
xastir-1.4.0.dsl is available and still around perhaps on this group ? The
info file seems to sugest that perhaps it might be ke4nt .
The last packaging of this extension for Damm Small Linux was back in 2004
and it could really do with an update.

I am working on a remaster of  DSL with Xastir and APRS in mind as a Live
distro. A newer version than the 1.4.0 Xastir would be nice. I dont really
fancy trying to package it myself but perhaps if we could get a new build
organised it would be great. Even if we cant get a v1.9.1 build a 1.8.0
would be better than what we have now.

I have found that 1.4.0 works really nicely under DSL but Ive no idea how
hard it would be or where to start with a newer build package..

http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/
http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/wiki/index.php/Creating_a_dsl_Extension

Tony Hunt VK5AH