[Xastir] Feature idea for Xastir

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Tue Aug 28 09:56:44 EDT 2007

Has anyone thought about adding a scripting capability within Xastir?

I'm thinking about something like some VB script (or similar) that would allow
a relatively non-developer to create little applications which lets Xastir do
the heavy lifting.

An example of the type of thing that I'm thinking about would be keeping track
of how many runners have pasted a particular point. An Xastir station at that
particular point would execute this script which would prompt for a number.
The user would enter a number and the script/Xastir would handle the rest. The
rest could be creating and sending a message to the NCS station with the
updated information or it could be creating an object using this information.

Am I off my rocker or is this an idea worth considering?
--
William McKeehan
KI4HDU