[Xastir] d7 receive problem

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun Dec 2 02:11:26 EST 2007

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, James Jolin wrote:

> I need some help with this d7 receive situation.  I mentioned this in a
> screen.  The only message on the console is
>   xastir: Symbol '_XmStrings' has different size in shared object,
> consider re-linking.
> Thranslation???

That's a problem with OpenMotif or Lesstif, depending on which you
have installed.   Do you have more than one version of either one
installed?  Remnants of an earlier install kicking around?  Have you
compiled the sources on your current system so that everything
matches the libraries you have installed?

> I am using xastir binary from Kbuntu 7.10 which is version 1.9.0 I am
> using the d7 startup and shutdown files.

As far as the D7:  Do you have it in packet mode or APRS mode.  I
believe it has to be in packet mode for this to work.  Someone will
correct me here if I'm wrong though.