[Xastir] Xastir 1.9.2 source-built on Ubuntu 7.10 - menu & map errors

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Dec 3 11:22:16 EST 2007

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007, Bernard Michael Tyers wrote:

> 1. Most important is the menus are not viewable.

What OS, Leopard?

> 2. When I open xastir from commandline I get:
>
> convert_from_xastir_coordinates:Y out-of-range (too low):4275555704
> convert_from_xastir_coordinates:Y out-of-range (too low):4275555704

Zoom in.  You're out beyond world view or at the edge of the world
most likely.

> ***** WARNING *****
> Berkeley DB header files/shared library file do NOT match!
> Disabling use of the map cache.
>  Header file: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.4.20: (February 24, 2006)
> Library file: Berkeley DB 4.5.20: (September 20, 2006)
> ***** WARNING *****

You've a library mismatch, Xastir has figured it out, and has
disabled that feature so you won't have a problem there.  Of course
you also won't have map caching of internet maps either, but that's
better than Xastir crashing on you, right?

The true fix is to get rid of the Berkeley DB headers for 4.4.20 and
install those for 4.5.20.  Or you could get rid of the 4.5.20
library and install the 4.4.20 library instead.  Either should work.

> It seems to happen when I zoom out too much (past 1000KM).

Yep.

Patient:  "Doctor doctor, it hurts when I do this!"
Doctor:  "Then don't do that!"