[Xastir] Gating WX from IP to RF

Mike Long (N3QD) n3qd06 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 01:25:50 EST 2007

Ray & Group,

	Yes I have enabled gating in both areas, thanks.

	I am running Xastir 1.9.2 on Ubuntu 7.1.0.  Xastir was installed
from source, not a pre-compiled binary.  I created a file in my
~/.xastir/data/ directory called nws-stations.txt and populated it
with the following:

#
# Alamogordo, NM
N3QD

N3QD is the CWOP name WView is using to report.  I also tried
changing the Transmit Station type in the defaults to Station
Position W/Weather.  I thought that might have something to do with
it since my station call is the same as my WX call.  Everything else
works just fine.  I can see my Wx Station on the Xastir Map, and the
wx data is updating every ten minutes from APRS-IS.  The log file
shows a lot of gating to the Net, but nothing to RF.

Thanks for any assistance!
Mike (N3QD)