[Xastir] Running Xastir on Apple OSX

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Dec 7 12:18:34 EST 2007

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, Stephen - K1LNX wrote:

> Is there a guide to compiling/installing on OSX? I just bought a Macbook
> (should have it Monday) and I want to get Xastir running on it. I looked on
> the Wiki but didn't see anything there.....

Check out the README and INSTALL files in the Xastir distribution.
The information might be a bit dated there, but still might be
useful.

Consider subscribing to the MacAPRS mailing list (Yahoo).  It's
about APRS on Macs, not specifically the MacAPRS software
(unfortunate naming, that).  Some of the Mac-heads hang out there.
Of course some hang out here too.

On the Xastir homepage:  Go to "Xastir Documentation", then to
"Installation Notes".  That's where the info is hidden.  It seems to
me that the path to get there should be much clearer.