[Xastir] Running Xastir on Apple OSX

Stephen - K1LNX k1lnx at k1lnx.net
Fri Dec 7 12:48:01 EST 2007

> I'd argue if you're asking this question the answer is probably "get it
from macports"... which is what I do.

Interesting! I'm totally new to the Mac platform and didn't even know this
existed, so I'll definitely check it out......

> Consider subscribing to the MacAPRS mailing list (Yahoo).  It's
> about APRS on Macs, not specifically the MacAPRS software
> (unfortunate naming, that).  Some of the Mac-heads hang out there.
> Of course some hang out here too.

I'll check that out as well. I hope to be happy with the Mac platform, I
still (and will continue) to run Linux on my desktops and servers, but I've
always wanted a Macbook and finally broke down and bought one. I know there
is this love/hate relationship with it, but hey it's still not
Micro$oft!!!!!!

Thanks guys.....

73
Stephen
K1LNX

On 12/7/07, Derrick Brashear <shadow at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd argue if you're asking this question the answer is probably "get it
> from macports"... which is what I do.
>
> On Dec 7, 2007 12:18 PM, Curt, WE7U < archer at eskimo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, Stephen - K1LNX wrote:
> >
> > > Is there a guide to compiling/installing on OSX? I just bought a
> > Macbook
> > > (should have it Monday) and I want to get Xastir running on it. I
> > looked on
> > > the Wiki but didn't see anything there.....
> >
> > Check out the README and INSTALL files in the Xastir distribution.
> > The information might be a bit dated there, but still might be
> > useful.
> >
> > Consider subscribing to the MacAPRS mailing list (Yahoo).  It's
> > about APRS on Macs, not specifically the MacAPRS software
> > (unfortunate naming, that).  Some of the Mac-heads hang out there.
> > Of course some hang out here too.
> >
> > On the Xastir homepage:  Go to "Xastir Documentation", then to
> > "Installation Notes".  That's where the info is hidden.  It seems to
> > me that the path to get there should be much clearer.
> >
> > --
> > Curt, WE7U: <www.eskimo.com/~archer/ <http://www.eskimo.com/%7Earcher/>>
> >     XASTIR: <www.xastir.org >
> >  "Lotto:  A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown
> > "Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates." -- WE7U
> > The world DOES revolve around me:  I picked the coordinate system!

Stephen Brown - ARS K1LNX
Johnson City, TN EM86uh
http://www.k1lnx.net