[Xastir] Running Xastir on Apple OSX

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Fri Dec 7 13:39:13 EST 2007

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> It's true-blue Unix under the hood now.  Any OSX box is just Unix
> with a pretty graphical user interface laid on top of it.  It's much
> closer to Linux than you might think...

   The best explanatiion I've heard goes something like "It was easier to
make Unix user-friendly than it would be to make Windows reliable"

...to which some reply "Unix has always been a user-friendly operating
system.  It's just picky about who its friends are!"

Does the OSX port involve running X and Motif on OSX, or has someone
created a Motif API library for the Aqua environment?

--
Rick Green, N8BJX

                                   -Benjamin Franklin