[Xastir] OSX Response

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Dec 7 16:36:30 EST 2007

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, Jason KG4WSV wrote:

> On Dec 7, 2007 2:01 PM, Chip Griffin <n1mie at mac.com> wrote:
>

> > > *4. Install ShapeLib
>

> I think this is part of the xastir source, so a separate step isn't
> required.

Yea, it is in there now.  Didn't used to be.  If ./configure doesn't
find it out there on the system it'll use it's Xastir's internal
copy.  That one works fine.

> Festival doesn't work on Macs.

However:  There's code in Xastir to do speech on Mac's but it's
never been tested properly or integrated into the build process.
Whenever anyone gets this done we'll have speech on the Mac as part
of our build too.  I don't happen to have a Mac, so don't look at
me!