[Xastir] OSX Response

Chip Griffin n1mie at mac.com
Fri Dec 7 21:22:29 EST 2007

On Dec 7, 2007, at 15:53, Jason KG4WSV wrote:

> On Dec 7, 2007 2:01 PM, Chip Griffin <n1mie at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> *4. Install ShapeLib
>>>

> I think this is part of the xastir source, so a separate step isn't
> required.

Clearly I need to update it.  ;)

>> *7. Install gpsman and gpsmanshp (I haven't tried this)
>>>

> this works. there was one gotcha, think it was something simple
> like a path problem or adding a symlink to /usr/local/bin, but I
> don't remember the details off the top of my head.

I have installed this on one machine, so I know it will compile. I
don't recall if I had to do anything special. But I haven't made it
work, just installed it. I will be doing more testing with this in
the near future. One of my biggest problems I've had has been working
with ports. I haven't had any luck with Wine and ports. I do have
Xastir working with a port. I have had mixed results, so I suspect
GPSman will be similar.

>> *8. Install Festival (I haven't tried this)
>>>

> Festival doesn't work on Macs.

I tried installing it once. No luck, so that confirms your results.
Shame since voice alerts would be nice.

-- Chip