[Xastir] All DRGs are not always the same!

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Dec 11 12:08:27 EST 2007

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007, Jim Tolbert wrote:

> Another source of free USGS DRGs that DO display properly can be found
> at www.libremap.org on the Libre Map Project.  Xastir loads like a champ.

For anyone who needs REAL USGS .tif and .fgd files to test with, I
have examples at:

    <http://wetnet.net/~we7u/xastir/maps/geotiff/>

For the 1:250k, 1:100k, and 1:24k scale maps (They begin with
"c"/"f"/"o" respectively).  You'll need both files for a set for
Xastir to properly georeference the image.

The lat/long are encoded in the filenames, so you should be able to
find them on your Xastir display once you load them.