[Xastir] Speaking of DRGs...

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Dec 12 11:29:14 EST 2007

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007, Joe Veldhuis wrote:

> The recently posted link to the Libre Map Project is certainly a
> good source of 1:24k topo maps, and I've download about a gig of
> them for the surrounding area so far, but raster maps at this
> scale look like crap at zoom levels above about 15, especially in
> ares with dense contours (like the sand dunes of Grand Haven!).
>
> So I'm wondering, does anyone know of any good sources of 1:100k
> or 1:250k maps in Xastir-friendly formats?

You might specify which states you're interested in.

Check for DRG Repositories near you.  There's one near me at the
University of Washington library in Seattle.

There may be people who've collected DRG's for your area and will
lend them to you or make copies for you.  I've done it that way as
well.  I keep a second copy of mine just for lending out, and in
fact hardly ever see that copy 'cuz it's always traveling around.