[Xastir] XASTIR 1.92 and VL 5.9 Standard

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 01:05:35 EST 2007

For the record and what it's worth, XASTIR 1.92 is up and running in
VectorLinux 5.9 Standard Gold.

VectorLinux (VL) is Slackware based and is very lightweight - great for
older machines.  I'm running it at home now on a PII-366 laptop and a
PIII-800 desktop.  There's no Shapelib, Proj, GeoTiff, or GDAL to be found
in the repositories, but those can be had via the get-maptools.sh script.
That leaves Festival, AX25, and GPSman/GPSmanshp as the items I did not find
and did not compile (no issue for my needs, so I made no effort to find
sources, etc.).  Also, no openMotif - using Lesstif, but things are working
fine so far.

I don't remember what the typical issues have been when Lesstif is used
instead of openMotif - if anyone has suggestions on what to watch out for, I
would appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX