[Xastir] cygwin compile problem me also

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Fri Jan 12 13:05:43 EST 2007

./configure seems to have worked, but the build still fails. In my opinion,
this failure has to be related to some change in the Xastir source since
December 17. On December 17 I was able to build Xastir successfully and have
not updated my Cygwin setup since then.

Here's the log from the make that fails.

make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mckeehan/xastir'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/mckeehan/xastir/src'
Making all in rtree
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/mckeehan/xastir/src/rtree'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/mckeehan/xastir/src/rtree'
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/mckeehan/xastir/src'
gcc  -g -pipe -W -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wno-unused-parameter -Wl,--no-keep-memory -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib
-L/usr/lib -lfreetype -lz -o xastir.exe alert.o awk.o bulletin_gui.o color.o
datum.o db.o dbfawk.o draw_symbols.o fcc_data.o festival.o geo-find.o
geocoder_gui.o gps.o hashtable.o hashtable_itr.o hostname.o igate.o
interface.o interface_gui.o io-common.o io-mmap.o lang.o list_gui.o
locate_gui.o location.o location_gui.o main.o maps.o map_cache.o map_dos.o
map_gdal.o map_geo.o map_gnis.o map_pdb.o map_shp.o map_tif.o map_tiger.o
map_WMS.o messages.o messages_gui.o objects.o popup_gui.o rac_data.o rotated.o
rpl_malloc.o shp_hash.o snprintf.o sound.o track_gui.o util.o
view_message_gui.o wx.o wx_gui.o x_spider.o xa_config.o compiledate.o -Lrtree
-lrtree  -lXm -lXt -lX11 -lMagick -llcms -ltiff -lfreetype -ljpeg -lXext -lSM
-lICE -lX11 -lXt -lbz2 -lz -lgdi32 -lpthread -lm -lpthread -lWand -lMagick
-ldb-4.2 -lintl -lcurl -lXm -lXt -lXp -lXext -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lshp -lpcre
-lproj -ltiff -lgeotiff
Info: resolving __XmStrings by linking to __imp___XmStrings (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmDialogShellWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmDialogShellWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _XtStrings by linking to __imp__XtStrings (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmPanedWindowWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmPanedWindowWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmFormWidgetClass by linking to __imp__xmFormWidgetClass
(auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmLabelWidgetClass by linking to __imp__xmLabelWidgetClass
(auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmTextFieldWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmTextFieldWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmPushButtonGadgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmPushButtonGadgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmToggleButtonWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmToggleButtonWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmTextWidgetClass by linking to __imp__xmTextWidgetClass
(auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmToggleButtonGadgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmToggleButtonGadgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmFrameWidgetClass by linking to __imp__xmFrameWidgetClass
(auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmRowColumnWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmRowColumnWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmPushButtonWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmPushButtonWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmSeparatorGadgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmSeparatorGadgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _XtShellStrings by linking to __imp__XtShellStrings (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmScrollBarWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmScrollBarWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmCascadeButtonGadgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmCascadeButtonGadgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmCascadeButtonWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmCascadeButtonWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmArrowButtonGadgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmArrowButtonGadgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmDrawingAreaWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmDrawingAreaWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmSeparatorWidgetClass by lmaps.o: In function `Print_preview':
/home/mckeehan/xastir/src/maps.c:4150: undefined reference to `_strcasestr'
maps.o: In function `Print_properties':
/home/mckeehan/xastir/src/maps.c:4459: undefined reference to `_strcasestr'
inking to __imp__xmSeparatorWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmComboBoxWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmComboBoxWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmScaleWidgetClass by linking to __imp__xmScaleWidgetClass
(auto-import)
Info: resolving _optarg by linking to __imp__optarg (auto-import)
Info: resolving _applicationShellWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__applicationShellWidgetClass (auto-import)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [xastir.exe] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/mckeehan/xastir/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mckeehan/xastir/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mckeehan/xastir'
make: *** [all] Error 2

--
William McKeehan