[Xastir] cygwin compile problem me also

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Jan 12 13:30:25 EST 2007

On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 11:24:27AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:
> On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 01:05:43PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net> flavor, containing:
> > ./configure seems to have worked, but the build still fails. In my opinion,
> > this failure has to be related to some change in the Xastir source since
> > December 17. On December 17 I was able to build Xastir successfully and have
> > not updated my Cygwin setup since then.
> >
> > Here's the log from the make that fails.
> >
> [...]
> > /home/mckeehan/xastir/src/maps.c:4150: undefined reference to `_strcasestr'
> > maps.o: In function `Print_properties':
> > /home/mckeehan/xastir/src/maps.c:4459: undefined reference to `_strcasestr'
>
> Well there's the real problem.  Nothin' to do with Motif.
>
> strcasestr must not be available on Cygwin, and the changes to the print
> properties dialog must have introduced a use of it.

Yep.  Commit to maps.c on 5 Jan 2007 introduced two instances of strcasestr
into maps.c.  Clearly, strcasestr isn't in the cygwin libraries, so the build
pukes at the link phase.  Perhaps a case-insensitive comparison isn't
necessary in this instance, and strstr could be used instead (as it's used
all over the code and doesn't cause cygwin to puke, that must be there on
Cygwin)?