[Xastir] segfault

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jan 12 15:38:50 EST 2007

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007, Tom Russo wrote:

> Just began to look into those segfaults tonight.  I can reliably crash
> xastir (built with lesstif) by repeatedly opening the send-message dialog
> and changing the format between d700/hamhud/d7, then closing the dialog.
>
> The segfault is in a free, down several layers of motif calls.
>
> Perhaps it would be best not to try the on-the-fly changing of the dialog,
> since clearly lesstif has some serious Issues with that?  How many dialogs
> do things this way as opposed to the close-dialog, change, redisplay method?

Look for __LSB__ in messages_gui.c and you'll see where I did
exactly this fix for the LSB version.

If we had a hook whereby we could tell whether we were compiled with
Lesstif or Motif, we could do the same thing for Lesstif and solve
this segfault problem in a more general way.  If you have any ideas
along these lines, pass them along.  I'm thinking we'll have to do a
query to the Xm library to get the version string and then grep for
lesstif from there, or else do some checking in
acinclude.m4/configure.ac then set a variable so that we can use
#ifdef's.