[Xastir] weather station

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jan 18 19:16:37 EST 2007

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, Tom Russo wrote:

> I had that problem, too.  It turns out to be caused by HF transmissions.  If
> your temperature/hygro sensor is anywhere near your HF antennas it'll
> get bogus rainfall information.

For what it's worth the rain sensor is a plastic tipping bucket type
with a magnet embedded in the bucket plastic.  This goes past a reed
switch as it tips in each direction.

So what you really have are switch closures being read by the
processor in the outside temp/baro/humidity sensor housing.
Unfortunately you have a nice HF antenna connecting the two.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer