[Xastir] Back in business...

Richard, N6NKO r.polivka at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 27 11:26:25 EST 2007

Long time, no talk.

I had to leave my beloved Slack 11 for Fedora 6. Needed to run Audacity
and I could not get it to work at all on Slack along with some Gnome apps.

So, BigBox is running Fedora 6 and Xastir-1.8.5 with two square eyeballs
and soon to have three square eyes looking at me. This should just be in
time for the ugly weather season here in SE Wisconsin. BTW, BigBox is an
Athlon64-3000 running i686 code. x86_64 just was not behaving for me as
there are still migration issues with the packages.

1.8.5 is running just fine here. One question though... is
xastir.tamu.edu up still? I was getting timeouts accessing the server
this morning.

Msg to Gerry - I am planning to visit Houston on for a few days on
business in February. Maybe an eyeball?

73 from flaky (snow) 807,

Richard, N6NKO