[Xastir] compile failure?

vic ke4lkq at doramefa.us
Sat Jan 27 17:26:09 EST 2007

Okay, I'll try to furnish all info you have asked for.

1. System is SuSe 10.1
2. linuxvid:/home/vic # rpm -qa | grep motif
    openmotif-2.2.4-21
    openmotif-libs-2.2.4-21
    openmotif-devel-2.2.2-355
    linuxvid:/home/vic #

3.I un #ed the line in configure.ac as you suggested
  ./bootstrap.sh
  ./configure
  make
  The executable works again....

4.  Now for libXm.so , I did a

   linuxvid:/home/vic # ldd /usr/lib/libXm.so
   ldd: /usr/lib/libXm.so: No such file or directory
   linuxvid:/home/vic #

 Strange...??  So I did a

linuxvid:/home/vic # locate libXm.so
   /usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.so
   /usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.so.3
   /usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.so.3.0.3
   linuxvid:/home/vic #

 Then...

   linuxvid:/home/vic # ldd /usr/X11R6/libXm.so
   ldd: /usr/X11R6/libXm.so: No such file or directory
   linuxvid:/home/vic #

  Do you know what's happening here.... I sure don't
 Whar blows me away is that ldd does not see libXm.so !

  But like I said above the compile works with that particular line in configure.ac
 uncommentd...

 Let me know what and how to give you any additional info that you may want for this...

Best regards,

Victor