[Xastir] No trail

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jan 29 10:04:20 EST 2007

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007, Henk Oegema wrote:

> Suddenly I don't see any trails anymore.
> Still I have
> Station -> Filter Display -> Display Trail
> ticked to ON.
>

> Is there any other setting(s) which influence the showing of trails?

Check your settings against what I list below.  Many of these have
nothing to do with trails (particularly most of the "Filter Display"
settings), but it'll give you a starting point from a known working
system.

My "Filter Data" settings:

  Select None
X Select Mine
X Select TNC
X Select Direct
X Select Via Digi
X Select Net
  Select Tactical Calls Only
  Include Expired Data
------------------------------
X Select Stations
X Select Fixed Stations
X Select Moving Stations
X Select WX Stations
  Select CWOP WX Stations
X Select Objects/Items
X Select WX Objects/Items
  Select Water Gauge Objects/Items
X Select Other Objects/Items

My "Filter Display" settings:

X Display Callsign
  Label Trailpoints
X Display Symbol
X Rotate Symbol
X Display Trail
------------------------------
  Display Course
X Display Speed
  Display Short Speed
  Display Altitude
------------------------------
X Display Weather Info
X DIsplay Weather Text
X Temperature Only
X Display Wind Barb
------------------------------
X Display Aloha Circle
X Display Position Ambiguity
  Display Power/Gain
X Use Default Power/Gain
X Display Mobile Power/Gain
------------------------------
X Display DF Attributes
X Enable Dead-Reckoning
X Display Arc
X Display Course
X Display Symbol
---------------------------
  Display Dist/Bearing
  Display Last Report Age

Also check your File->Configure->Defaults to make sure you haven't
checked "Activate Alternate Net?", and File->Configure->Timing to
make sure your timing sliders aren't out-of-whack.  Here are my
settings for timing, I marked those that might be of use in solving
your problem:

 Posit TX Interval            30 min
 Object/Item Max TX Interval  30 min
 GPS Check Interval            5 sec
 Dead-Reckoning Timeout       15 min
*New Track Time               88 min
 RINO                          0 min
 Snapshot Interval             1 min
*Station Ghosting Time        45 min
*Station Clear Time           24 hours
 Serial Inter-Char Delay       0 ms
*New Track Interval            2 degrees
 Internet Map Timeout        120 sec

If you can't get it working, you can always close Xastir, rename
~/.xastir to .xastir.save or something, then restart Xastir.  It'll
create a new config directory and populate it with defaults.  You
can then compare the new ~/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf file to the old
to find the differences.

You can just rename the one config file as well which would be less
drastic.  Xastir will create a new one when it starts up.