[Xastir] Merlin S720 help needed

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Sun Jul 1 01:09:15 EDT 2007

I don't have a Merlin 720 (may be time to upgrade) but I've done a
little script that loads appropriate kernel modules, and then tells me
to insert the card (if I try to do it without the correct parameters, by
just inserting the card, I usually end up being unable to insmod -e the
result!) and then I issue the appropriate pppd script call.

I have seen bad hand-offs and don't have a good solution for them.  I
usually find myself having to manually terminate the pppd session and
restart it.  I don't have to remove and reinsert the modules, though,
when this happens.

Send me the configs you're using and I'll try to help tweak 'em.
gerry