[Xastir] Portable Digipeater Antenna?

Richard Polivka, N6NKO r.polivka at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 1 09:23:37 EDT 2007

I agree about the windup j-pole. My complaint is that 300 ohm twinlead
is not stable in construction or materials. I have had the geometries of
a J change when rolled up, messing up the tunings. You also have to use
a coax balun or beads on a J since it is a balanced antenna being fed
from an unbalanced coax.

Just personal preference. Coax is more easily had than twinlead in an
emergency....

73 from 807,

Richard, N6NKO