[Xastir] libgdal is the master here...

Richard Polivka r.polivka at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 1 19:44:46 EDT 2007

Tom:

ldd spews for libgdal.so:  libgrass_rtree is linked in.

ldd spews fro libgrass_rtree: nothing except for libm and libc.

F7 repo uses gdal-1.4.1, grass-libs-6.2.1

I will have to concur that gdal was built full up but I do not see a circular reference in place. GRASS will stand free, but GDAL needs GRASS (there is a bad joke in there somewhere).

So, either don't use repo GDAL/GRASS and roll your own or bring in both and exclude -Lrtree at the config level via a check. Ouch!

73 from 807,

Richard, N6NKO