[Xastir] Xastir responding to ?APRSS

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jul 2 12:54:42 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, Alex Carver wrote:

> On my system, Lesstif.  I could always install
> OpenMotif (libmotif3) and recompile.  Any advantage of
> one over the other?

Yes.  OpenMotif allows dynamically changing displayed dialogs, which
we make use of in a few places.  Also it'll be more bug-free as it's
a single-user licensed version of the original closed-source Motif
code.

Lesstif is an open-source library that is a clone of Motif.  It
hasn't had the time/effort/money to become as bug-free and
feature-rich as Motif yet.

That said, some users can't use OpenMotif and so are using Lesstif.
I also heard that Fedora is dropping support for OpenMotif over
licensing issues?