[Xastir] Release Schedule

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jul 2 15:56:45 EDT 2007

Those who watch such things can figure out the release schedule
pretty easily, but here's the goal:

Development snapshots happen roughly around the 1st and the 15th of
each month.  I have scripts to do nearly all the work so this is
relatively painless to do.  I try to keep only the last two
snapshots available on SourceForge.  The rest are there, but hidden.
We could make them active again at a moment's notice if need be.

Stable releases happen three or four times a year.  Pretty much
whenever we get ancy and decide it's time for another one plus the
CVS sources are stable enough to warrant it.

I'd be game for stable releases much more often, like perhaps every
two months, but we'd have to be a bit more militant about the
schedule and about freezing new development to do this.  We've been
quite lax about the whole code-freeze thing for quite some time, but
then we don't have large numbers of developers mucking with the code
all the time either so it has worked for us.