[Xastir] CYGWIN?

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Wed Jul 4 15:55:46 EDT 2007

At 01:34 PM 7/4/2007, Alex Carver wrote:
>Is Xastir compiled from source or did you download the
>prepackaged binary from the Cygwin sources?

         I just used the Cygwin installer to install it -- I'm lazy!  LOL!

>run 'echo $PATH' (no quotes) from your command prompt
>and copy the output here.  It may be that
>/usr/local/bin is not in your path at all.

Earl Needham at KD5XB-LAPTOP ~
$ echo $PATH
/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:.:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/Program
Files/ATI Technologies/ATI Control Panel:/cygdrive/c/Program
Files/Common Files/Ulead Systems/MPEG:/cygdrive/c/Program
Files/QuickTime/QTSystem/:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin

>If it's not, do:
>
>PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin ; hash -r
>
>and then
>
>which xastir

Earl Needham at KD5XB-LAPTOP ~
$ which xastir
/usr/local/bin/xastir

>It should come back and say /usr/local/lib/xastir.
>
>'DIR' (all caps) won't work at all.  'dir' may work if
>the aliases got installed right (or the 'dir' package
>was installed)

         It appears the dir is at least in there somewhere, although
when I issue the command, I get back a blank line, as if I'm in an
empty directory.

         Maybe I just don't know how to start Xastir?  I type xastir
and hit the Enter key, and get back a blank line, and no Xastir
application.  None that I can see, anyway.

         Thanks again,
         Earl

KD5XB -- Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk