[Xastir] CYGWIN?

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 4 19:51:12 EDT 2007

--- Earl Needham <needhame1 at plateautel.net> wrote:

>          I have noticed that callpass works FB but
> Xastir doesn't
> seem to produce any results.  Do I need to compile
> something for
> Xastir to work, or does the Cygwin installer do it
> all?

If you selected Xastir in the software list that the
Cygwin installer presents, then it's downloading a
binary version, no compiling goes on.

It may be that you have a broken dependency that
wasn't resolved correctly by the installer.  Best
thing to do is as was suggested and download the
source code then follow the instructions for
installing Xastir from source.  It's not quite as easy
as point and click, but in the end it works better.
Just follow the documentation online for the
installation and you should be up and running quickly.

As for GraphicsMagic, while it's the way to go
eventually, start off easier with the ImageMagic
libraries that are provided in the Cygwin installer.
For an initial test, they work fine for getting Xastir
up and running on Cygwin initially.  My Cygwin install
uses ImageMagic from the installer.