[Xastir] openSUSE 10.2 CVS Success

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jul 6 16:29:50 EDT 2007

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007, Steve Friis wrote:

> Yea, but if it is all in documentation, then us newbies wouldn't keep
> bothering you Guru's with all these questions. BTW_FWIW, I think all you
> guys have done a fantastic job, in writing the software, in documenting
> what has already been published, and in taking the time to answer our
> questions. Even when we don't know the correct lingo, you guys figure
> out what we are trying to do and get us back on the path to success.

It actually bugs me when I _can't_ figure something out to help
someone, at least when nobody else steps forward with the answer
either.  No, that's not a challenge to you guys to stump me or
anything...  I already get that from my kids!  It sounds like a
frickin' game show as soon as I get home as they pelt me from all
sides with questions.  No, I am _not_ smarter than a 5th grader...
My youngest is learning Java programming all on his own.  Scary.
The two youngest already do Perl5 on Linux.  One of them runs Xastir
sometimes on his machine to track me, but doesn't transmit (not a
ham yet).  He's connected across the wireless to my Xastir's server
port, that Xastir being connected to a TNC/radio.

Also:  There's activity nearly always happening on the sidelines,
off the reflector, from those that either don't want their newbie
status widely known or perhaps don't know about the mailing list.  I
try to direct as much as possible back to the list though, as that
actually keeps the numbers of repeat questions down.