[Xastir] Position rate question

Earl Needham via Kubuntu needhame1 at plateautel.net
Sun Jul 8 00:08:46 EDT 2007

	I've noticed that when I stop I'm getting more positions sent out than
I expected.

	Running Xastir 1.9.0 under Kubuntu 7.

	I running mobile in an 18-wheeler as KD5XB-11.  SmartBeaconing is
enabled, and set for high speed of 240 MPH with a beacon rate at that
speed of once every 75 seconds.  (I calculate that out to one position
report every 5 miles.)  When below the low speed threshold of 2 MPH, I
should be getting a positinb report every 30 minutes.

	When I right-click on my own station and get station info, the list of
recent packets received fills up really quickly with 0 MPH reports.  For
instance, I've been sitting here in Shreveport for about 45 minutes, and
the entire list is made up of 0 MPH reports.  I really expected to see
only 1 or 2.

	So -- is this something I have mis-configured?  A bug?  Or am I
interpreting this list incorrectly?

	Thanks,
	Earl
--