[Xastir] Position rate question

Richard Polivka, N6NKO r.polivka at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 8 08:26:25 EDT 2007

I will look at the routine also. Many eyes make a load light (duck).
Plus, outside they are talking about temps with THREE digits here in
Brew City today. Plus, winds in the 15-30 MPH range - can you spell
"convection oven"?

The threshold setup is akin to windowing. I may be going over previously
discussed material here, so forgive me. Fixed position operation is
simple, beacon every x minutes. Moving, it should be either time or
distance traveled. When you have a GPS unit sending data every second or
two, this confounds the issue. Turning is the issue with these beacon
rates. You can turn at an intersection and be done with the turn in two
seconds.

Before I dig myself a hole (It's not Black Friday), let me see what the
code is really doing. Maybe we can all participate in getting this to work.

73 from 807 (breakfast bell),

Richard, N6NKO