[Xastir] openSUSE 10.2 CVS Success

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 12:16:43 EDT 2007

On 7/7/07, Lee Bengston <lee.bengston at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/7/07, Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:
>
> > Do you have an account on the Wiki, and have you got wikieditor
> > privileges?
> > If not, please register and then email to me, Curt and Chuck, and one of
> > us
> > will make sure your account gets the appropriate privileges so you can
> > actually
> > do the editing you want to do.
> >
> > We had to lock down the Xastir wiki after a round of vandalism.  Looking
> > at
> > the disaster that the APRS wiki at info.aprs.net has become due to being
> >
> > completely open (it's been completely trashed twice this week, and it's
> > only
> > a matter of tine before it happens again), it's a good thing we did this
> > the Xastir wiki.
>

> I have an account now - thanks for the opportunity.  I'm glad the security
> is there - the current Wiki has been a big help to me, so it would be a
> shame if it was getting hacked.

http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo%27s

HowTo:OpenSUSE 10.2<http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo:OpenSUSE_10.2>
has now been added to the list. Further refinements are planned - this
version is based on notes taken and retracing steps. At some point I'll
run through the process again and fill in more detail.

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX