[Xastir] openSUSE 10.2 CVS Success

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 14:26:04 EDT 2007

On 7/8/07, Steve Friis <wm5z at comcast.net> wrote:

> What you have below is great. Just one thought here though. In the
> scripts folder there is a script file <get-maptools.sh> that pretty much
> installs everything. Is this going to go away? I think it sure made the
> install easy. Gives you all the needed libraries.
>
> Steve/WM5Z

It might be just me, but I like to install as much as possible from the
repositories for the applicable distribution, and then if there is anything
left, use the get-maptools script to make up the difference.  That looks
like the approach taken in the HowTo:Ubuntu 6.10 or
7.04<http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo:Ubuntu_6.10>.
With OpenSUSE, I was able to get everything from the repositories, so there
was no need to use get-maptools.sh.  With other distributions, it might be
best to use the get-maptools script either as is or slightly edited
depending on what is or is not available in the repositories and/or how
difficult it is to locate the right repositories.  Of course, it also
depends on what libraries the person installing actually needs.

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX