Spam:*****, Re: [Xastir] Mac: odd process problem

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 20:22:38 EDT 2007

--- "Chip G." <n1mie at ct.metrocast.net> wrote:
> I'd love to hear other suggestions. If the problem
> does relate to the
> USB adapter, is there any chance it relates to the
> Xastir code? Or is
> it certain to he the driver?

I doubt it's Xastir because Xastir doesn't really know
it's a USB device.  As far as it knows, it's just a
serial port so it's likely the device itself or its
drivers.  You may want to try an adapter made by
someone else.  Several manufacturers use a chipset
from FTDI (Keyspan does not last I knew) and
apparently the FTDI chipset is well supported in many
OSes.  Even some Windows people have issues with Keyspans.