[Xastir] FCC lookup

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Jul 12 15:17:46 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 12:52:08PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <needhame1 at plateautel.net> flavor, containing:
>  Curt, WE7U wrote:
> > On Thu, 12 Jul 2007, Earl Needham via Kubuntu wrote:
> >> 	Can it be something simple that I'm doing wrong?
> > At this point it seems more likely that there's something wrong with
> > Xastir's parsing of some of the lines as it creates the index.  It's
> > possible that the original file may have some corrupt lines or they
> > changed the format on us.
> > Like I said, my searches here on that callsign work fine, but it's
> > not the latest database.
>
>  	Here's the results of the grep command (with a couple of line feeds
>  manually added to make it easier to read):
>
>  earl at kd5xb-laptop:/usr/local/share/xastir/fcc$ sudo touch EN.dat
>
>  earl at kd5xb-laptop:/usr/local/share/xastir/fcc$ grep -i w5roy EN.dat
>
>  EN|1060361|||W5ROY|L|L00138867|Creiglow, Roy A|Roy|A|Creiglow|||||208
>  Merrill Dr
>  |Clovis|NM|88101|||000|0003121316|I|||
>
>  EN|2433104|||WW5ROY|L|L00426133|Black, Roy D|Roy|D|Black|||||701 E 4th
>  St|Mount
>  Pleasant|TX|75455|||000|0005808308|I|||

Those look right (modulo the line breaks that must be an artifact of how
you pasted them into your mail).

>  	As I mentioned earlier, some callsigns work, and some don't, and I can't
>  find any pattern to it.  At least not yet.

There could be something earlier in the file that is confusing xastir and
causing it not to find things later in the file.  Try to determine if the
addresses you *can* find are earlier in the EN.dat file than those that you
can't --- that would help narrow down the spot where the code is getting
confused.