[Xastir] Still struggling with connection to interent on a laptop

Jim Tolbert RiverRidge at centurytel.net
Sat Jul 14 09:30:53 EDT 2007

I know this is off topic, but I am trying to get to Xastir!!

I have a laptop that I have converting to Linux primarily to run Xastir
for tracking GPS units for SAR.  I seem to have open SUSE running, but
have been unable to get either the wireless card or the modem responding
to download Xastir.

I have been posting on openSUSE forum and have had some success --
driver now compiled and installed ( I think) without errors, but still
no link.

Can anyone direct me to another site (Yes, you can tell me where to go!)
that may help me get Xastir up and running?   Since Windows is
apparently still on this machine, can I connect /download through the
windows side and somehow get what Linux wants?

Sorry for the off topic questions............... jt

--
Jim Tolbert

715-866-4398 home office
715-349-8993 fax