[Xastir] Timing Settings Menu - missing text

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 20:05:34 EDT 2007

On 7/14/07, g1ixv <g1ixv at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Lee
> This is caused by opensuse using the latest version of openmotif. I have
> the same problem.
> You can get round this by installing the last version. Only thing is you
> have to watch the auto
> updates as they will install the new later version again.
>
> Colin G1IXV

That fixed the Xastir menu, but it turned out to be a hassle installing the
older version of OpenMotif.  I'm pretty new to OpenSUSE, so there's probably
a command line method I don't know about.  I found the older OpenMotif
rpm's, but just clicking on them or right clicking and clicking "install
software" didn't work.  Then I tried a right-click and "install with YaST",
but all YaST did was download and install the newer version again.  Finally
by accident I found that if I downloaded the RPM's from the web site using
Firefox, one option was to "install with Zen Installer", so I selected that,
and Firefox downloaded the rpm, and Zen installed it.  I found the
ZenInstaller executable, but I could never get it to install anything
without going through Firefox.

Thanks, Colin, no more missing text.

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX