[Xastir] Showing only one station/trail

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jul 16 11:47:58 EDT 2007

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007, Tom Russo wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 08:32:46PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <kf4lvz at yahoo.com> flavor, containing:
> > Somehow this didn't make it to the list but I'll try
> > again.
> >
> > Is there a way to turn off all stations but a
> > particular station of interest sort of the way one can
> > turn off weather stations, mobile stations, etc?  I'm
> > trying to do a screen capture of a single station with
> > its track.
>
> Assign a tactical call sign to that station (and only that station), and then
> choose "Select Tactical Calls Only" in the Station->Filter Data menu.

Another method is to STOP all interfaces, clear all stations, then
suck in that one station's track from findu.com.  You can do this in
120 hour blocks, 'cuz that's what findu supports.

If the INET feeds didn't capture all of the data you needed due to
the packets not getting to an igate, yet another method is:

Turn on TNC logging.  After receiving the data, grep for the
callsign in the log files and pipe the data to a new file.  Turn off
interfaces in Xastir, clear all stations, then suck in that log
file.

    cd ~/.xastir/logs
    grep -i "WE7U-12" tnc3.log > temp.log
    grep -i "WE7U-12" tnc2.log >> temp.log
    grep -i "WE7U-12" tnc1.log >> temp.log
    grep -i "WE7U-12" tnc.log  >> temp.log

The data will be in ~/.xastir/logs/temp.log in the same order as
originally received.