[Xastir] UI-View maps in Xastir?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jul 18 12:02:59 EDT 2007

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007, Earl Needham via Kubuntu wrote:

> 	Do I understand correctly that it's relatively easy to use UI-View32
> maps in Xastir?  If so, where do I find the methodology?

    xastir/scripts/inf2geo.pl

Which gets installed to /usr/local/lib/xastir/inf2geo.pl

You'll need either GraphicsMagick or ImageMagick plus Perl5
installed in order to use this script, but it should create a *.geo
file from each *.inf file that you run it against, then you reindex
your maps in Xastir and Map Chooser should then pick them up.

If you haven't done so yet, read the README.MAPS file to see some
other map options.

Personally I prefer vector maps over raster maps, except for topo
maps.  Then again, there are ways to do topo contours with vector
files too!