[Xastir] libgeotiff (Mac OS X)

Chip G. n1mie at ct.metrocast.net
Tue Jul 24 10:36:07 EDT 2007

I haven't installed Xastir from scratch in a long long time. I kept
notes last time (which I will be adding to the Fink portion of the
Mac OS X installation notes when I am done). The notes are not
helping me with one item though. When installing libgeotiff I keep
getting an error. It looks something like this (manually typed since
I am looking at it via VNC, i.e. no cut/paste).

> gcc -I/sw/include -Wall makegeo.o -L/usr/local/lib -L.. -lgeotiff -
> lproj -ltiff -ljpeg -lz -L/sw/lib -lm -o makegeo
> /usr/bin/ld: table of contents for archive: /usr/local/lib/
> libgeotiff.a is out of date; rerun ranlib
> (1) (Can't load from it)
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [makegeo] Error 1
> make: *** [Progs] Error 2

When I did the configure, I included the "--prefix=/sw" switch. (I
also tried it without with the exact same results.) Now one of the
things that confuses me is that normally we don't have anything in "/
usr/local", things are in "/sw" when you use Fink for package
management.

I seem to remember this was a problem before, but I can't recall what
the solutions were to get it installed. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn