[Xastir] Xastir going down at night

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jul 27 15:31:08 EDT 2007

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, Eric Christensen wrote:

> When I got up this morning Xastir was sitting there with no map and
> no stations showing on the screen.  There was also no activity on the
> network.  It just seemed dead.  I had to argue a little with it to make
> it close down.  Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior?

Perhaps a flaky memory stick or you're running out of memory and
getting into swap?

You might try running "top" sorted by memory usage ("M") and check
it in the morning to see how much swap you're using, how much free
memory you have, and how much memory Xastir is using.

Xastir is checked periodically for memory leaks.  It definitely
grows a bit over time but I've had it running for 100's of days with
no issues other than that slow growth.